Archive for the ‘digital’ Category

D72_7273 full_-2

A 3 Century Greek Flour Mill Business. Since 1782

18th Century

1782: Mr Zois Loulis builds a small water driven stone mill at Aetorahi in Ioannina.
The Loulis family fortune was destroyed and the mill was burned during the Turkish withdrawal in 1912.

20th Century

1912: After the Mill’s destruction four out of the nine sons of Mr Themistocles Loulis, the brothers Christos, Konstantinos, Nikos and Giorgos Loulis decided to settle in Volos.
In 1914 they purchased a share in the I. Xydis – N. Hadginikou Mill.

1917: The mill passed into the full ownership of the Themistocles Loulis brothers and developed into the largest Mill of its time in the Thessaly region.

1926: A fire destroyed the Loulis Mill. A few months later they began to build a new mill at the same location.

1927: The Loulis Mill was converted into a Society Anonymous with Mr Christos Loulis as the Chairman.

1928: The new Mill commenced operations.

1928: The foundations were laid at Agiou Georgiou bay in Keratsini Piraeus, which was then the largest mill in the Greek State boasting the latest technology of the time. The major shareholders were the Symeonoglou, Voudouroglou and Karaiosifoglou families and the Corporate Name was AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS. The mill was completed in 1929 and was described as a grand project of its time. In a very short period of time the AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS became the leaders of the Greek Flour Industry.

1951: The then competitors AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. and KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. were listed on the Athens Stock Exchange in the same year with the serial numbers of 27 and 28 respectively.

1952: KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. established the first semolina mill in Greece, which pioneered the pasta production field.

1961: Mr Nikolaos Κ. Loulis assumed the company’s management.

1965: The AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. Company purchased automatic packaging machines and began selling flour in small packages – one kilo and half kilo packages – which were distributed to the general stores and Super Markets of the time. The AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS brand  is the only flour at the time that is available in a packaged form.

1969: The KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. branch in Attica commenced operations. Mr Nikolaos Κ. Loulis took the first steps to relocate the Mill with the purchase of a property in the Volos Industrial Region.

1975: Mr Nikolaos Κ. Loulis passed away. His wife, Mrs Evi Ν. Loulis became the company’s Chairman and his son Konstantinos the General Manager.

1977: Construction commenced on the new KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. mill in the Volos Industrial Region, which commenced production in late 1978 using the latest technology of its time.

1988: The total milling output by KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. placed the company into 2nd position in the Greek Flour Industry from the 12th position that it held in 1978.

1991: Mr Konstantinos Ν. Loulis took the first steps in relocating the Mill from the Volos Industrial Region with the purchase of a 100,000 m2 beach site at Pagasitikos Bay (Sourpi Bay).

1993: KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. established the Macedonia branch, which was based at Kalohori in Thessaloniki.

1995: KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. purchased the Simitzis Mill in Kavala and proceeded with a radical renovation of the buildings and the plant engineering.

1996: Following continuous investments, AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. completed the modernisation of its facilities by reaching a total milling capacity of 800 tonnes per 24 hours.

1996: The KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. Company, after purchasing Simitzis Mill in Kavala, proceeded with a radical renovation of the buildings and the plant engineering and put it into service.

1997: The AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. Company proceeded to the expansion of its activities into the developing Balkan nations by purchasing the majority share of the TITAN plant in Bucharest and MOPAN in Transylvania in Romania, which were the 2 largest factories producing flour and bakery products in Romania.

1998: After 7.5 years of amassing the necessary certificates and permits, KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. finally received permission to commence with the construction of the new harbour side mill at Pagasitikos Bay.

1999: KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. took over 52 % of the shares in the AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A Company via the Athens Stock Exchange.
A distribution and bakery products centre was opened at Tirana in Albania.

21st Century

2000: KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. purchased the Sofia Mills in Bulgaria and undertook their management.

2001: A major project was completed. The foundations were laid for a new pilot industrial plant at Cernica in Bucharest, which was comprised of a pasta factory, a bread factory, a flour mill and a cereal production plant (corn flakes).

2001: The Company’s name changed from KYLINDROMYLOS LOULIS S.A. to LOULIS MILLS S.A.
The flour production commenced on the new harbour side facilities at Sourpi in Magnesia after completing the relocation of the production lines from the Volos Industrial Region.

2002: The production and distribution of the consolidated companies’ products for LOULIS MILLS S.A. and AGIOU GEORGIOU MILLS S.A. commenced from LOULIS MILLS S.A.

2003: The construction of a new state of the art Mill commenced at Tirana in Albania.

2004: Flour production commenced at the company’s new factory at Tirana in Albania.

2007: A share package was transferred, which represented 60 % of the share capital in the subsidiary companies at Romania and Bulgaria to the Leipnik-Lundeburger Invest Beteiligungs A.G. Company

2008: The balance of the shares held by LOULIS MILLS S.A. in the subsidiary companies at Romania and Bulgaria were transferred to the Austrian Company LLI EUROMILLS GmbH via the Stock Exchanges at Sofia and Bucharest respectively.

2010: The company passed on to the 7th generation when its management was assumed by Mr Nikolaos Κ. Loulis.

2010: The first Organic Mill in the Balkans commenced operations at the Sourpi facilities.

2011: Despite the recession in the Greek economy, the company invests in Greece, by establishing a state of the art flour mill with a capacity of 300 tonnes per 24 hours at Keratsini in Attica.

Source: Loulismills 

 

Advertisements

D72_7200

In the island of Salamina exist two beautifully pine forests. The first is the Faneromeni forest that is found in the north-western side of island and is offered for running, bike and other activities.

D72_6455 SMALL_

D72_6457 SMALL_

D72_6458 SMALL_

Film photography lessons with my 9 year old son. He is equipped with a Nikon F75 with a Sigma 35-70mm, and Kodak ProImage 100. My mission to photo the Photographer and get some photos on my own with my digital D7200. Drapetsona, Port. Fish Market.

Nafpaktos, Monastiraki
Nikon D7200, Tamron 18-200
D72_6146 SmallD72_6147 Small

D72_4844

Το Ινστιτούτο Χημείας και Γεωργίας «Ν.Κανελλόπουλος» ιδρύθηκε το 1938. Πριν τον θάνατο του Ν. Κανελλόπουλου ήδη είχε δρομολογηθεί η κατασκευή του κτιρίου που θα στέγαζε τις προγραμματισμένες δραστηριότητες. Το όραμα της διεύθυνσης του

συγκροτήματος ήταν η συμπλήρωση και η ανάδειξη των τομέων έρευνας που από την
ίδρυση σχεδόν του εργοστασίου είχαν αρχίσει να πλαισιώνουν τις παραγωγικές του
δραστηριότητες. Ήταν το τμήμα ερευνών και εφαρμογής του Εργοστασίου. Στα εργαστήρια λοιπόν του Ινστιτούτου εκτελούνταν πάσης φύσεως ερευνητικές εργασίες ( π.χ. εργασίες εξευγενισμού μεταλλευμάτων) εκπονούνταν μελέτες για την βιομηχανική εκμετάλλευση των πλούσιων φαρμακευτικών φυτών του τόπου κα. Παράλληλα στο Ινστιτούτο προσαρτήθηκε το εδαφολογικό τμήμα για την μελέτη και τον προσδιορισμό των λιπαντικών αναγκών των ελληνικών περιοχών καθώς και το εντομολογικό
και φυτοπαθολογικό τμήμα . Παράλληλα συγκροτήθηκε και επεκτάθηκε και η Βιβλιοθήκη του Ινστιτούτου που -κατα γενική εκτίμηση- αντιπροσώπευε την πληρέστερη της χώρας, με την πλουσιότερη συλλογή χημικών και γεωργικών συγγραμμάτων. Ένας τομέας που οργανώθηκε με επιμέλεια ήταν η λειτουργία μουσείου μεταλλευμάτων και πετρωμάτων της Ελλάδας. Περιελάμβανε επίσης εργαστήρια χημείας και ξενώνες, όπου έλληνες και ξένοι ειδικοί και επιστήμονες μπορούσαν να πραγματοποιούν ερευνητικό έργο ακόμη και πέρα από τα άμεσα ενδιαφέροντα της Εταιρείας. Σε αυτό το πλαίσιο μπορούσαν να εκπαιδεύονται ή να ασκούνται στα εργαστήρια απόφοιτοι χημικών σχολών του
Πανεπιστημίου και του Εθνικού Πολυτεχνείου. Η πορεία του συγκροτήματος Λιπασμάτων
-τόσο της διεύθυνσης όσο και του τεχνικού προσωπικού -ήταν μακρά και επίπονη και
περιελάμβανε περιοδικές ενημερώσεις των Ελλήνων αγροτών για την χρήση των λιπαντικών προϊόντων, εδαφολογικές μελέτες, για να ερευνηθούν οι ιδιαιτερότητες των εδαφών της χώρας και να προταθούν νέοι τρόποι καλλιέργειας καθώς και έρευνες για τις
ασθένειες των φυτών και την καταπολέμησή τους. Το 1938 -έτος ίδρυσης του Ινστιτούτου-
πραγματοποιήθηκε ένα σημαντικότατο ποιοτικό άλμα με την οργάνωση εν ός ανωτέρου επιπέδου εργασιών και εμπειριών των τεχνικών και επιστημόνων της επιχείρησης που απλώνονταν συστηματικά σε όλη την ελληνική επικράτεια : 280 αποδοτικοί αγροί σιταριού με το σκαλιστικό σύστημα σε έκταση 3000 στρεμμάτων, 123 αποδοτικοί ελαιώνες, αποδοτικές καλλιέργειες βάμβακος, 20 αποδοτικοί αγροί σιταριού. Επίσης
145 πειραματικοί αγροί πλήρους λιπάνσεως σίτου, 10 κριθαριού, 2 ελαιώνων και 38
διαφόρων άλλων καλλιεργειών.
Το Ινστιτούτο απόκτησε κύρος και στο εξωτερικό αφού δημοσίευσε έρευνες σε ειδικά
περιοδικά και εξέδωσε και το δικό του περιοδικό με τίτλο «Αγροτικός Ταχυδρόμος».
Τα επόμενα χρόνια τρείς ήταν οι άξονες της οργάνωσής του:
Α) ∆ιεύθυνση και γραμματεία
Β) Τμήμα αναλυτικών χημειών το οποίο έλεγχε τις πρώτες ύλες και όλες τις άλλες
βοηθητικές ύλες προς χρήση του Εργοστασίου (μέταλλα, καύσιμα, ορυκτά κλπ) – γύρω στις 1200 αναλύσεις το χρόνο. Το τμήμα συμπληρώθηκε από το εργαστήριο ενόργανων
αναλύσεων, το οποίο ήταν εφοδιασμένο με ακριβέστατα όργανα και συσκευές
φυσικοχημικών προσδιορισμών.
Γ) Τμήμα βιομηχανικής παρακολούθησης, το οποίο έλεγχε την παραγωγική διαδικασία του Εργοστασίου και εξέταζε θέματα βιομηχανικής παραγωγής. Επίσης έλεγχε τις φυσικές και μηχανικές ιδιότητες των διαφόρων υλικών και των πρώτων υλών που χρησιμοποιούνταν για τις διάφορες συσκευασίες των προϊόντων του Εργοστασίου. Στο τμήμα αυτό υπάγονταν η υπηρεσία βιομηχανικής παρακολούθησης και έρευνας, η οποία έλεγχε την μόλυνση του περιβάλλοντος που προκαλούνταν από τη λειτουργία του Εργοστασίου και εκτελούνταν χημικές αναλύσεις και προσδιορισμοί τόσο στα υγρά όσο και στα αέρια απόβλητα του Εργοστασίου.
∆) Τμήμα Εδαφολογίας το οποίο μελετούσε τους τύπους και την φυσική σύσταση των
εδαφών προκειμένου να δίνει λύσεις σε προβλήματα που είχαν σχέση με Λιπασματολογικές και κλιματολογικές συνθήκες.
Σε συνεργασία με το Εδαφολογικό Ινστιτούτο του Υπουργείου Γεωργίας μελετήθηκαν
συστηματικά τα ελληνικά εδάφη και συντάχθηκαν εδαφολογικοί χάρτες. Ξεκίνησαν
το 1935 με τον εδαφολογικό χάρτη της Κρήτης, ο οποίος και παρουσιάστηκε στο ∆ ́ ∆ιεθνές Συνέδριο Εδαφολογίας στην Οξφόρδη. Την ίδια χρονιά συνεχίστηκαν μελέτες για τον εδαφολογικό χάρτη Αττικής και Εύβοιας. Το 1938 ολοκληρώθηκε ο εδαφολογικός χάρτης Ζακύνθου. Το 1947 ολοκληρώθηκε ο εδαφολογικός χάρτης Θεσσαλίας και της
Αττικής. Το 1951 ολοκληρώθηκε ο χάρτης της Πελοποννήσου και το 1960 του Πηλίου.
Παράλληλα ολοκληρώθηκα οι χάρτες των Κυκλάδων.
Ε) Επιστημονική βιβλιοθήκη. Παράλληλα στο Ινστιτούτο λειτουργούσαν και άλλα εργαστήρια, όπως τα Εργαστήριο αναλύσεως Μεταλλευμάτων, το οποίο πέρα από
τον κλασσικό εξοπλισμό ενός χημικού εργαστηρίου, περιείχε τρεις φούρνους για την κυπέλλωση, σύντηξη και πύρωση μεταλλευμάτων για τον προσδιορισμό αργυρού
και χρυσού.

 

Τέλος θα πρέπει να σημειωθεί ότι για λογαριασμό του Εργοστασίου – παράλληλα με το
Ινστιτούτο- λειτουργούσαν και ερευνητικά εργαστήρια στα Μεταλλεία Κασσάνδρας, τα
οποία συμπλήρωναν τις έρευνες και μελέτες που γίνονταν στο Ινστιτούτο. Το κτίριο του Ινστιτούτου (α.κ.49) βρίσκεται στην βόρεια άκρη του Εργοστασίου. Όπως   προαναφέρθηκε είναι κτίριο του 1938, απλής ορθογωνικής κάτοψης και έχει επιφάνεια
κάλυψης γύρω στα 700 τ.μ.. Αποτελείται από τρεις ορόφους. Η διάταξη της κάτοψης των
ορόφων είναι πανομοιότυπη με έναν κεντρικό διάδρομο κατά μήκος της μακριάς πλευράς του κτιρίου, δεξιά και αριστερά του οποίου διατάσσονται οι επιμέρους χώροι (εργαστήρια, αποθήκες, γραφεία κ.α.). Στο κέντρο του μεγάλου άξονα υπάρχει το
κλιμακοστάσιο. Η όψη του κτιρίου είναι λιτή και ακολουθεί τις αρχές του μοντέρνου κινήματος, με επαναλαμβανόμενα ίσα ανοίγματα και μόνο στην νότια πλευρά του κτιρίου ,στο κέντρο, προεξέχει μικρός όγκος που προσδιορίζει την είσοδο και την θέση του κλιμακοστασίου. Η στέγαση γίνεται με επίπεδο δώμα. Τόσο στη νότια όσο και στη βόρεια πλευρά του κτιρίου έχει διαμορφωθεί προσεκτικά ο υπαίθριος χώρος.